Part of the Global GCO team, and shall act as Company's legal representative, the Global Legal Counsel will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on various contracts, in particular :
* Sponsorship contracts;
* Meeting and events contracts;
* Services contracts;
* IT contracts:
* Software License contracts;
* Hosted software/hosted services agreements;
* IT Services agreements and SLAs;
* Software support agreements.
* Providing business and legal advice and guidance to internal clients and end users regarding potential issues stemming from new and existing contracts.
* Working with internal clients to develop strategies to address issues identified.
* Communicating progress, challenges, risks and benefits to appropriate management levels and affected user groups and other members of the GCO in the affected jurisdictions.
* Understanding practice and client business goals and how they impact the types of products and services procured.
* Coordinating with cross functional teams (tax, data privacy, information security) in respect to contract review as appropriate.
* Ensuring that accurate and sufficient contractual documentation is developed to effectively document procurement transactions and to protect company's interests.
* Understanding the policies that are relevant to procurement transactions and how contract drafting, negotiation and execution are impacted by those policies (Independence, Procurement, Data Privacy, etc.).
* Ensuring that all contractual documents developed are compliant with company policies.
* Managing team's workflow and propose process improvements.
* Maintaining an understanding of the impact of changes in the organization's policies, organizational structure, and procedures.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
* Demonstrate unquestionably high standard of ethics, integrity, and values
* Be able to manage client expectations in a high-pressure, changing environment while maintaining a calm, professional working style
* Possess excellent leadership skills including the ability to inspire and motivate others by recognizing outstanding performers
* Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, including creativity and innovative thinking
* Possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English, strong interpersonal and presentation skills interacting with senior stakeholders
* Be able to summarize complex, technical concepts into communications that can be understood by the team and other stakeholders
* Feel comfortable and confident in a challenging global environment (face-to-face and virtual), and be sensitive to cross-cultural differences and current international events
* Demonstrate flexible teaming skills (both face to face and in a virtual setting), e.g., be able to translate guidelines from leadership into well-structured, practical and clear instructions for others
* Bring innovation to improve processes and work products, and have the ability to learn/adapt quickly when required.
* Excellent negotiations skills - It would also be preferable if the candidates had at least some experience negotiating with the "big box" vendors (IBM, MSFT, SAP, etc);
* Ability to assess size, scope and overall risk of contemplated transactions and to tailor contracts accordingly;
* Solutions - oriented with relentless focus on world class execution of projects and tasks;
* Strong service-oriented personality, proficient at delivering the highest quality of work within deadlines;
* High levels of personal energy and appetite for work and success.
* Manage a team of lawyers
* Drive implementation of initiatives within team to enhance team competency continuously
* Monitor utilization and skills development to meet the needs of the clients; identify training gaps and coach team members
* Helping team members with their query
* Work Assignment and allocation
* Counsel and mentor team members; conduct one on one meeting with each team member at regular intervals
* Assisting SDL in manage the hiring pipeline
Other Personal Characteristics:
* Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
* High level of self-confidence and energy.
* High level of intellectual agility, initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, and patience.
* Pragmatic with strong business acumen.
* Mature individual with good judgement.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
Manager - Minimum 10 yrs
AM - 6 to 8 yrs
* Bachelor of law
* For Manager - Minimum of 10 years of related experience (at least last 5 years in a people management role)
* For AM - Minimum 6 to 8 yrs of experience, with good people mgt experinece
* Hands on experience in IT contracts.
* Well-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication (both verbal and written) skills in English
Salary: INR 12,00,000 - 22,00,000 PA.
Industry: KPO / Research / Analytics
Functional Area: Legal, Regulatory, Intellectual Property
Role Category: Other
Role: Legal Manager
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent